Now for something different…the Liebster Award! Jace over at thejacetan’s blog nominated me for a Liebster award. I honestly had no idea what that meant, so I did some Googling and a lot of reading other blog posts about it. It is essentially a chain letter, but a pretty cool one because it’s goal is to spotlight blogs and bloggers that have 200 followers or less and bring together bloggers. Awesome, right?
Like any good chain letter or game of telephone, the “rules” for the Liebster award differ based on whose blog you look at. Most agree that to accept the award, you have to post the Liebster award image, post some random facts about yourself, answer some questions from the person who nominated you, then nominate other blogs and ask them questions. What seems to be up for dispute is the number of blogs you have to nominate and the number of random facts and questions you have to come up with. I’ve spent about 45 minutes browsing other blogs that participated and have come up with everything from 5 questions to 25 questions. My nominator went with 11 for everything, so that’s what I’m going to go with as well.
Blogs I nominate for the Liebster Award:
Eleven random facts about myself:
- I didn’t own a smart phone until a year ago (seriously).
- I love sitcoms. I’m not even picky about which ones. If one is on, I’ll have it on in the background. The longer it’s been in syndication, the better.
- I love miniature things. If it comes in a mini, I want it.
- I have a thing for 90s boy bands.
- One of my best friends and I were born a day apart in the same city, but never met until college.
- The baristas at the Starbucks by my house know me by name.
- I don’t drive. At all.
- For a brief time, I wanted to be pre-med. Then I realized that the medical profession was nothing like Grey’s Anatomy.
- My birthday is in August.
- I hoard office supplies, especially colorful pens and notebooks.
- I live 750 miles from the city where I was born and spent the first 23 years of my life, including college.
Eleven questions from Jace:
1. What turns you on sexually? (yep I’m going straight for it here)
Ha! Oh dear. Can coming home to a clean and organized house be a turn on? Because it totally is for me.
2. Are you in a relationship or too awesome for anyone to handle?
I’ve been in a relationship with Mr. Man for almost two years now and together we have one furry Corgi son.
3. Dark, White or Milk chocolate? (and why)
All of the above? Typically I head for milk chocolate because some dark chocolates are too bitter, dry, and crumbly for me. I do enjoy dark chocolate though when it’s really high quality and white chocolate (which, come on, is a chocolate imposter) is good in the form of Cookies and Cream or Starbucks lattes.
4. What unusual skills or hidden talents (or talons XD) do you have?
Does randomly suiciding and jumping off things to my death while playing Mario games on the Wii count as a skill? If it does, I am maxed out on it.
5. Tell me your best pun joke.
I’m glad I know sign language. It’s pretty handy.
6. Coffee or Tea? (Or me? Heheh)
Coffee. Lots and lots of coffee. I have recently come around to tea after being anti-tea for my whole life, but Mr. Coffee will always have a special place in my heart.
7. Are you Sadistic or Masochistic?
Umm, I’m not sure I’m either. I don’t really like watching other people or myself suffer. In fact, I take great steps to avoid hurting others, in any way, as much as possible.
8. How many followers do you have at the time you publish your own Liebester post?
I currently have 90 followers and it blows my mind that at least 90 unique people think what I have to say is interesting.
9. At your funeral, what kind of person would you want people say you were? (Then go be that person)
I would want people to say that I was a good person, that I was thoughtful, bright, and helpful to others.
10. Have you told your parents you love them? (If not, do so now) (Pics or it didn’t happen)
I tell them at least once a week when I call them.
11. What is the most embarrassing dream you’ve had or event that happened to you?
I feel like 90% of my dreams are embarrassing in some way. I honestly can’t think of any embarrassing event that has happened to me. There have been some, I’m sure of it, but I tend to not dwell on those types of things. Nothing is popping out at me.
Eleven questions for my nominees:
1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
2. What is the last book you read for fun?
3. What is your morning routine like?
4. What is your least favorite household chore?
5. Favorite dog breed (or cat, if you’re a cat person)?
6. If you had to be one or the other, would you rather be too hot or too cold?
7. What is one goal you are currently working towards?
8. If you had to pick one music artist or group to listen to the rest of your life, who would it be?
9. What character trait or quality do you value most in other people?
10. What is one guilty pleasure?
11. What blogs do you read every day?