I think the Liebster concept is really cool. Basically it’s a blogging award made by bloggers, for bloggers. It’s all about putting the spotlight on smaller blogs (blogs with less than 200 followers) and you are nominated by your fellow bloggers. It’s a fun way to find new blogs and meet new people and I am all for it, so I figured why not – I’ll do another Liebster post.
The “rules” of accepting the award are:
- Link to and thank the person you nominated
- Post the Liebster Award button / image somewhere in the post
- Answer 11 questions left by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 blogs (and notify them) and leave 11 questions for them to answer
- Share 11 random facts about yourself
Pretty simple rules, and they are all basically aimed at letting your followers learn more about you. So here are the 11 questions that Rosemary left for me:
1. Do you watch youtube makeup gurus, and who are your favorites?
I do! I only very recently began watching YouTubers (and Mr. Man totally makes fun of me for it). My favorites are Coffee Break with Dani, essiebutton, & Young Wild and Polished.
2. If you had to live in an extreme climate would it be very hot or cold?
Oh gosh. This is hard! I feel like I do live in an extreme cold climate during the winter here in Chicago, so yeah I’d have to say cold. You can always put on more clothes, but there is a limit to what you can take off!
3. Who inspired you to blog?
I wouldn’t say any one person inspired me to blog. As a writer, I think it was inevitable. Before I started this blog my friends would always ask me if I had one, so I guess you could say collective peer pressure got me here.
4. Do you try and save money on makeup? If so, how?
Oh yes. I never met a coupon I didn’t like. Honestly, I try to stick to drugstore brands and look for the best drugstore products. I splurge on a couple of prestige brands, but I hate doing it. It just feels so wasteful to me still! I also don’t buy a ton of makeup products. I seriously budget myself to $40 a month at Ulta and I only buy things that I need or don’t have. Plus I love the Ulta coupons every month!
5. Do you have any pets?
Yes! I have a Pembroke Welsh Corgi named Ein (bonus points if you get the reference). He’s going to be two on August 1st and I can’t believe it.
6. Under water snorkeling or skydiving?
I am terrified of water, so skydiving I guess, though I find the prospect of jumping out of a plane equally terrifying. I’d have to do the kind of skydiving where you are strapped to another (more experienced) diver. If I wasn’t, I’d totally chicken out.
7. What’s your favorite number?
I really like the number 244, for no particular reason. I just think it looks and sounds nice. (Is that weird? That’s weird isn’t it?)
8. What are your plans in 5 years?
To be finished with my MFA and employed as a copyeditor in Chicago.
9. Favorite can’t-live-without makeup product?
That would be one of my splurge items – my Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner in Sumatra. I’m committed to a dark waterline.
10. What is a store you always stop at while shopping?
I don’t go shopping without a stop at Loft. And Starbucks.
11. What’s your most unique piece of clothing?
Hmm. I actually have to think about this one a bit! I’m not sure I have any “unique” clothing. It’s all pretty boring actually. I do have a pair of shiny patent leather pumps that are neon orange that I always get compliments on when I wear. I also own reindeer leggings. Seriously.
Here are the 11 blogs that I am nominating for the award. If you all have already been nominated, no sweat. Don’t feel like you have to do the Liebster Award post again (unless you want to):
- Cocktails & Crochet
- The Seamless Style
- The Glam Way
- Subscription Therapy
- Stylish in Suburbia
- My Beautiful Goodies
- Petite Lab Rat
- Shop with Beth
- Sparkly Tips
- Eyeliner and Bourbon
- Disorganized Perfectionist
And here are my 11 questions for any of the bloggers I nominated who want to participate:
1. What has been the best part of blogging for you?
2. What advice do you wish you could give your younger self?
3. What is your favorite meal (or the best meal you’ve ever had)?
4. What is your current favorite song or band?
5. Are there any events or activities coming up this summer that you’re looking forward to?
6. What do you hope to gain through blogging?
7. Best book you’ve read recently?
8. If you had to pick one place to visit before you died, where would it be?
9. What is one ordinary, everyday thing that always makes you happy?
10. List one guilty pleasure (it can be anything!)
11. What is the most ridiculous thing you’ve ever bought for yourself or someone else?
And finally, 11 random, potentially silly facts about myself:
1. I organize my books by color
2. I could watch HGTV 24/7 and be totally happy
3. I hated tea until I moved to Chicago and discovered Argo Tea
4. Corgis are my jam
5. I got my first smartphone last year
6. I (secretly) wish that I could be a doctor
7. Taking long walks is one of the most relaxing things in the world to me
8. I once owned a Dawson’s Creek “tell-all” book that I bought at an elementary school book fair
9. The first “grown up” makeup I bought was a Dior bronzer and it. was. awful.
10. I can’t make it through the day without at least one cup of coffee and one piece of chocolate
11. I love earrings, but I have a nickel allergy, so finding cute ones is a pain in the bum.